Indian Army after Engineering
There are a number of ways in which one could get a commission in the Army. You can join Indian army right after school or after graduation. The selection procedures are impartial, objective and are uniformly applied to one and all and have only one aim – to “select the best”.
TYPES OF COMMISSION
The Army offers both permanent and short service commission. Permanent Commission (PC) is granted through the Indian Military Academy (IMA) Dehradun and Short Service Commission (SSC) is granted through Officers Training Academy (OTA) Chennai. When you opt for ‘PC’, you are basically looking at a permanent career in the Army, a career till you retire. SSC is a wonderful option for all those of you who aspire to serve it for a few years. It gives you the option of joining the Army and serving it as a commissioned officer for ten years. Once your tenure is over, you are allowed to opt for PC. Alternatively, you can also ask for a four years extension and can choose to resign from your post any time during this period.
- NDA – AFTER 10+2(Through UPSC)
- DIRECT ENTRY (Through UPSC)
- ENGINEERING GRADUATES – TGC
- UNIVERSITY ENTRY SCHEME 10+2 TES
- NON-TECH (Both men & women)
- TECH (Both men & women)
- NCC SPECIAL ENTRY (Both men & women)
- LAW GRADUATES(Both men & women)
Details of eligibility criteria duration and venue of training and other information is freely available through newspapers or may be obtained from www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. The following telephone numbers may also be contacted: (011) 26173215, 26175473, 26172861.
You can apply for following exams to get into Defence after completing Engineering.:-
- CDS (Combined defence service) Exam
- AFCAT (Air force common admission test)
- UES (University entry scheme) (Pre-Final year)
- TGC (Technical Graduate Scheme)
- SSC (Technical)
- You should be in the pre-final year of engineering.
- Your age should be in between 19-25 years.
- If you wish to serve in Indian Army for a limited time period, then definitely you should apply to SSC(Technical) scheme.
- UES Scheme is applicable for candidates who are in the Pre-final year of engineering. You need to appear in Campus Interview first and then SSB Interview and finally Medical & Fitness Test.
For more details visit :